Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Ariela sings about Rock and Roll (2017) Tribeca 2017

Wow. That is what I said when Rock’n’Roll ended.

Rock’n’Roll stars Guillaume Canet and Marion Cotillard who are a couple in real life. They play themselves in the film. Canet is on the set of a film in which he plays a father. His co-star, is a young attractive girl who plays his daughter. She mentions that hes not "rock ‘n’ roll", that she and her friends don't fantasize about him, that he's not cool. When he hear this, his ego is bruised and he soon becomes obsessed with wanting to be younger. He wants to be cool, he wants to be "rock n roll", he doesn't want to play fathers in movies, he wants young actor roles. He goes through a mid-life crisis of sorts..he starts dressing younger (leather jacket, tight jeans, wallet chain) and going out to clubs, getting drunk and doing drugs. He really wants to fit in and be the cool guy. This doesn't go over well. Some of the parts were hilarious, but others I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry! You definitely feel bad for him(or at least I did).

I loved the dialogues between Canet and Cotillard. Cotillard had many hilarious lines and even her facial expressions often made the audience laugh. She's so cute and just overall great.

I don't want to ruin the film, because I definitely think it's one to see. I liked the first part more than the second. The second was almost a bit too ridiculous and over the top(especially the end). However, after talking to a friend about it, I thought maybe it wasn't all that extreme or ridiculous. I am sure many people in the spotlight feel the same way he does and do many of the things he did. I definitely think the film explores the vanity that people have in Hollywood.

This film was a combination of wacky, funny, sad, and weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment