Friday, December 7, 2012

Tuesday the FREE Korean Cultural Service film is the excellent CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST


Tuesday at 7PM the Korean Cultural Service will be showing the excellent CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST. I reviewed the film two years go where I called it very good. (Warning the review has spoilers) I've seen it since then and my opinion has increased, I've also replaced my VCD copy with a DVD.

The plot of the film follows the relationship between a young woman and a camera store owner who is ill. Its a very off beat love story at least by American standards in that neither one ever says what they feel. That doesn't mean the film isn't moving, it is, with a fade out that affects me more each time I see it.

Unlikely ever to be remade in the US (thank god) this is a super little film that really is worth the time and effort to go see. Honestly If I hadn't recently watched the film again I would be heading there myself.

If you've never seen the film, go see it, you will be moved.

As always doors at 630 and movie at 7.

1 comment: