Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monster King Godzilla

The second of this weeks fan made films and one that you really need to avoid

I found a post on the Classic Horror Giant Monster Message board asking about the film gave the description: "Very rare Godzilla film made for Hawaiian TV in 1980 by Filmways TV USA, 99% stock footage and a bizarre wrap around plot involving physic powers make this a very strange film". August Ragone, author and expert on all things relating to Japanese giant monsters said it was a hoax that used scenes from the film Espy about psychic spies and combined them with clips from Godzilla films.

I couldn't have said it any better, except to add that the film really really stinks.

This isn't a movie, this is channel surfing. It's a good psychic spy film completely ruined by the inclusion of the Godzilla footage. It's not so much that some one did it, rather that the film has obtained an underground reputation and is something you have to try and find out about.

For the first couple of minutes things kind of sort of weirdly go together then it just seems to be random scenes from the spy film punctuated by giant monsters.

Why did I pick this up?

Oh yea, I'm a Godzilla fan.

That I didn't look before I plunked down five bucks I can only chalk up to not having a smart phone (or smart brain).

I know if this film is such a dog why am I reviewing it?

Because the film is out there and I want to counterpoint the film with Tuesdays mess but more enjoyable on it's own twisted terms film.

If you have to pick try Galactic Monsters if for no other reason it has Godzilla stuff you probably haven't seen unless you are an absolute completeist and tracked down his Japanese TV appearences... And it's just under an hour.)

Monster King Godzilla
is a complete and utter waste of your time.

2 comments:

  1. I once saw this film and thought it was fun, but generally, Galactic Monsters was way better. Anyway, did you bought this movie? If so, where did you get it? Can you give me a copy of it? The Torrents are all dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see it too!

    ReplyDelete