Monday, January 31, 2011

First word on the films at Film Comment Selects 2011

The first word of what the films are going to be at this years Film Comment Selects is up at Indie Wire. They didn't have the actual schedule but they did list the films including the opening and closing night films.

The selection of films, is as always intriguing.

The Opening night films are on the artistic side with Jia Zhanke's I Wish I Knew and Isild Le Besco's Bas-fonds, with the closing night films going for visceral horror with John Landis' Burke and Hare and James Wan's Insidious thus proving that when you get down to it good films come from every genre and place.

The series goes all over the place with some films from Claude Lanzmann, performances by The Velvet Underground and co-presentations of three HUGE Asian films with the New York Asian FIlm Festival Kin Ki-woon's I Saw The Devil, Sion Sono's Cold Fish and Andrew Lau's Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen.

They are also running three films that you may have seen reviewed on this blog: Werner Herzog's Cave Forgotten Dreams, Lu Chuan's City of Life and Death and the film that was our Christmas offering Klaus Kinski Jesus Christ Saviour. It goes with out saying that we at Unseen Films recommend those films highly.

Tickets go on Thursday and I'm guessing the actual schedule will go up before that. I have no idea what I or my compatriots will be attending but I'll let you know once we know what is playing when. If you're interested in more detail on whats play I suggest following the two links I posted above, though as I write this the Indie Wire link has more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment