Sunday, January 23, 2011

et tu IFC?

IFC has gone commercial.

Yes the once mighty IFC has started running commercial during their movies and programs. I'm not amused.

I noticed it when I saw they were running Soderbergh's Che in a six plus hour block.( the film runs about four and a half hours). So I switched it on and saw a commercial for a strainer that folds flat.

WTF?

Sure they still have their In Theaters service and they are still a big distributor of independent and foreign language films, but their flagship station now runs commercials.

URGH!!!!!!

In fairness I haven't been a big watcher of the station since they started in with the various TV series reruns. I was not a fan of their own non-film programs either. at the same time they were always the channel I could turn to for something interesting.

I'm guessing the merger with Sundance had something to do with it. Though even Sundance is now becoming heavy with TV shows, whats up with that? (Girls Who Love Boys Who Love Boys really need to be on Sundance because? And I'll ask the same of pretty much anything other than Iconoclasts)

Who is programing these stations and can we stop them?

I suppose I should be happy that their HD service isn't reconfiguring non-widescreen films, and has stopped running washed out and well worn prints any more, but the cost of having that being commercials breaking up the films is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment