Saturday, October 16, 2010

Secret Things (2002)


This weekend a film and a film about the making of the film made by the same director...

Two women who work at a bar decide to use sex to get what they want from life. While they become very successful, things also end up taking a turn or two that they didn't expect.

I liked this very adult movie very much. This is a very sexy movie with some very likable women as the leads. The prospect of using sex as a means to an end is of course a way of life for many people, both male and female, and here we see it in action.

Watching it I was surprised by how the film didn't go in the directions I thought it would and was pleased that it wasn't this dark noirish tale that cover art seemed to imply. Actually as I was watching the film I was struck by how much this film reminded me of Exterminating Angels, another off beat, but in a good way, French film about a director trying to get the right women to perform sexually for a film he was doing. When I checked IMDB after watching Secret Things I found that the director for both films was the same and that the process of making Secret Things was the inspiration for Exterminating Angels.

I can't wait to have a double feature. A great deal of nudity and sexual activity, so keep this away from the kids. Recommended.

(By the way Exterminating Angels is tomorrows film)

No comments:

Post a Comment