Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Tribeca Film Festival starts tomorrow and other news

The Tribeca Film Festival starts tomorrow in Manhattan with the world premiere of Shrek Forever. The Festival then goes into high gear on the 22nd with the start of a heavy rotation of screenings that will run until May 2nd (I believe there are around 100 films screening). The festival also has an online component, you can pay money to get movies on your computer and they have a different set of films on pay per view on cable and satellite.

I just want to let you know that Unseen Films will be at the festival, or if not the website, yours truly will be. I have one of the ticket packages and I've picked up tickets for a few more for a total of 11 screenings. I'm also planning on seeing at least three of the pay per view choices. Because its a great many films over a small number of days I'll only be giving brief reports during the festival with full reports on any good films when I get a minute to sit down and write up the films when the festival is over.

Wish me luck since I'll be wading in to the fray at 6pm on the 22nd.

----

The New York Asian Film Festival has announced it's first bunch of films and guests. Sammo Hung and Simon Yam, two of my favorite actors will be there. They will also be screening Bodyguards and Assassins which was one of the first films reviewed here at Unseen Films.

Click on the NYAFF link in the side bar to get more information.

----

Harry Brown,another film spotlighted a few weeks back is getting a theatrical release starting Friday. Its worth the trip to the theater to see it.

----

Those who haven't gotten to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo only have to wait until July 6th for the DVD release.

In related news I've seen the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire and found it extremely disappointing. It appears to cover the story, but removes any notion of characterization and shading to the Cliff Notes style plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment